Last Updated on July 3, 2023 by Mayank Dham
Every individual aspires to achieve career stability, and one way to accomplish that is by joining a reputable and established company. Infosys is renowned for providing career stability, which is a key factor that attracts many candidates. In addition to career growth opportunities, Infosys offers a range of benefits. However, securing a placement in Infosys is not a direct process; it requires candidates to undergo specific tests tailored for different positions. These tests have distinct syllabus and exam patterns.
About Infosys and Benefits of Joining Infosys
Infosys, headquartered in India, stands as a prominent multinational information technology services company, both in India and globally. Its remarkable emphasis on innovation, quality, and sustainability has propelled it to become a frontrunner in the IT services sector. Here are several compelling reasons why you should contemplate joining Infosys:
- Career growth opportunities: Infosys provides employees with numerous career growth opportunities, including job rotations, cross-functional projects, and leadership programs. The company encourages its employees to continuously learn and grow in their careers and provides them with the resources and support needed to do so.
- Work culture: Infosys is known for its positive and inclusive work culture. The company places a strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration and provides its employees with a supportive and engaging work environment.
- Global presence: As a global company, Infosys provides employees with the opportunity to work on projects across the world and interact with clients and colleagues from diverse backgrounds. This can provide valuable international experience and exposure to different cultures and perspectives.
- Technological advancements: Infosys is at the forefront of technology, and invests heavily in research and development. As an employee, you’ll have access to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work on innovative projects.
- Ethical and sustainable business practices: Infosys is committed to ethical and sustainable business practices, and has received numerous awards for its efforts in this area. The company is dedicated to reducing its environmental impact and contributing to the betterment of the communities in which it operates.
Eligibility Criteria For Infosys
Here we will look at some of the eligibility criteria required to be fulfilled while giving the Infoysis exam so let’s look at them.
- Educational Qualifications: The candidate must pursue a bachelor’s degree from any college which is in accordance with either state or central government rules and regulations the college can be government or private. All the engineering branches are allowed.
- Gap Year: If the gap year is not present then it is well and good but if the gap year is present then it should be present between Xth and graduation and that too for a maximum of 2 years.
- Backlogs: There should not be any active backlog present at the time of selection.
- Percentage: The candidate must have 60% or more in both class Xth and XIIth and a percentage of 65% or above in graduation.
- Reappear: If the candidate has sat for or participated in any of the Infosys interviews within the last 9 months then he is not allowed to participate in this interview or selection round.
Infosys Exam Pattern
Now we will discuss the Infosys exam pattern. The Infosys Exam Pattern contains only one test which will contain all the topics like logical ability, Verbal, Pseudo Code, etc. To be more specific it contains 5 sections with the name:
- Mathematical Ability
- Reasoning Ability
- Verbal Ability
- Pseudo Code
- Puzzle Solving
|Logical||25 mins||15 Ques|
|Mathematical Ability||35 mins||10 Ques|
|Verbal||20 mins||20 Ques|
|Pseudo Code||10 mins||5 Ques|
|Puzzle Solving||10 mins||4 Ques|
|Total||100 mins||54 Ques|
As you can see the test duration will be 100 mins and the total questions will be 54.
Last year Infosys introduced 2 new sections and you can also see these five sections in the exam:
- Logical Reasoning
- Pseudo Code
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Puzzle Solving
The pseudocode section will contain questions mainly on C and C++ language and will contain the questions from data structures the level of questions will be medium to high there are very low chances of getting an easy question.
Infosys Exam Pattern Key Features
Here we will discuss some of the Infosys Exam Patterns features.
- The written test has a 100-minute time restriction overall, with varying time limitations for each component.
- Although there are no negative marks on the paper, each section must be passed with at least 70%.
- The reading comprehension sections in the verbal ability part are brief. Additionally, there are questions in this part on fundamental grammatical use, such as fill-in-the-blanks, paraphrases, paragraph completion, vocabulary, sentence correction, etc.
- Questions in the reasoning part are focused on syllogisms, arrangements, puzzles, numerical series, and logical inference, among other things.
- Questions on permutation and combination, data interpretation, arithmetic, algebra, probability, and other topics are covered in the mathematical ability part.
- The pseudo-code component of the Infosys test is the one that all applicants struggle with the most. Data Structures, C, and C++ are among the subjects covered in this area.
- Candidates will be evaluated on their aptitude for logic and mathematics in the problem phase. Candidates who possess strong logical and aptitude abilities will breeze through this section.
- The paper’s overall difficulty is moderate. Only those applicants who pass the written test will advance to the next round.
The Infosys exam pattern is designed to assess candidates’ knowledge, skills, and aptitude for various positions in the company. The pattern may vary depending on the role being applied for. It is important for candidates to familiarize themselves with the exam pattern and prepare accordingly to increase their chances of success.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to the Infosys Exam Pattern
Some of the Frequently asked questions related to the Infosys Exam Pattern are given below:
Q1. What is the exam pattern for Infosys recruitment?
The exam pattern for Infosys recruitment may vary depending on the position. It typically includes sections such as aptitude, logical reasoning, verbal ability, and technical skills.
Q2. How can I prepare for the Infosys exam?
To prepare for the Infosys exam, candidates can practice aptitude and logical reasoning questions, improve their verbal and communication skills, and revise technical concepts relevant to their field of interest.
Q3. Are there any negative marks in the Infosys exam?
The presence of negative markings in the Infosys exam depends on the specific exam pattern. It is advisable to check the instructions and guidelines provided for the exam to understand the marking scheme.
Q4. What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in the Infosys exam?
The eligibility criteria for the Infosys exam vary based on factors such as educational qualifications, work experience, and age. It is important to review the specific requirements mentioned in the job advertisement or official notifications.
Q5. Is there an interview round after the written exam in Infosys recruitment?
Yes, typically, there is an interview round after the written exam in Infosys recruitment. The interview may assess technical knowledge, communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and fit with the company culture.