Last Updated on July 7, 2022 by Ria Pathak
Qualcomm portrays itself as the world’s top semiconductor and telecommunications equipment firm, designing and marketing wireless telecommunications technologies and services.
Qualcomm is on the lookout for "innovative thinkers" to lead the firm into a new age of technical advancement. If you are an aspirant seeking a career at Qualcomm, we have compiled the Qualcomm Recruitment Process to assist you to prepare for your interview.
This article will also provide insight into the most important things to know before attending a Qualcomm interview.
Qualcomm Recruitment Process
Let’s have a look at what Qualcomm’s recruitment process looks like.
The written exam is divided into three sections, each with 20 multiple-choice questions and 30 minutes to complete them. There is also a 0.25 negative marking for each incorrect answer. The number of questions and time permitted may vary from time to time, but the general breakdown of the questions will remain the same.
Quantitative questions will revolve around topics like Time, Speed, and Distance, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Seating Arrangement, etc.
Technical questions will most likely be from basic syntax, algorithms, loops, if statements, OOP concepts, MS-DOS, output questions based on the pseudo-code, C and C++, etc. You can practice coding/techincal questions with us.
Core from specialization like computer science or electronics.
Candidates who pass the written round are invited to the Technical Interview. To pass this round, you must have a firm grasp of the fundamentals. You should be familiar with data structures and algorithms, as well as the operating system and the C programming language. Students in areas other than CS should study the other two topics that are relevant to their field. In the interview, CS students will be required to write code. They also quiz you on your résumé. They usually question prior projects you’ve worked on.
Questions you can expect:
- Tell me the difference between stack and heap memory.
- Describe a few deadlock avoidance schemes.
- Implement the malloc() and free() operations. Describe only the strategy for doing so, not the code.
- What do you understand by clustering index?
- Describe your final year project in detail. How would you describe your role in the same?
- There is a program which inserts and deletes nodes in a sorted singly linked list. There is a bug in one of the modules. Give us a method of debugging it.
- Devise a program to check whether a binary tree is BST or not.
Practicing & taking mock tests will help you solidify your learning in the long run. Go and put your learning to practice.
This round’s goal is to assess your emotional quotient and personality. The majority of the questions will revolve around the candidate’s profile, including his or her hobbies, likes, and dislikes. There will be general questions asked, such as "why should we hire you?"
If the applicant has only undergone one round of technical interviews, they may be able to ask him or her a few technical questions. In this round, the applicants’ compensation and benefits are discussed. The majority of students who make it to the HR round are likely to be offered a job. Prepare better with these example questions we have compiled for you:
- Give us a brief introduction of yourself.
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- Tell us about your family background.
- What have been your highs and lows during your college life?
- What do you know about our competitors?
- Why do you want to join Qualcomm?
Qualcomm Eligibility Criteria For Software Development Candidates
- You must be at least 21 years old to apply for this job.
- You must not have any pending backlogs at the time of appearing for the interview
- At least 60% marks in 10th, 12th, and graduation are required
To summarise, if you want to pass the Qualcomm interview rounds, you should focus on improving your domain knowledge, since your technical rounds will extensively evaluate your topic knowledge.
Make sure you’ve done your homework and are prepared to take on the interview head-on. Your desire to obtain that job at Qualcomm might become a reality with the correct amount of confidence, preparation, and abilities. Best wishes!
If you are still on with your preparation game, don’t forget to enroll in PrepBytes Placement Programs.