Last Updated on June 13, 2023 by Vinayak Chakraborty
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is a leading global IT service, consulting, and business solutions organization. TCS National Qualifier Test (NQT) is a recruitment process conducted by TCS to hire entry-level engineers. This article gives you a brief description of the TCS NQT syllabus
About TCS NQT and Eligible Criteria
TCS NQT is a comprehensive recruitment process designed to assess a candidate’s aptitude, technical knowledge, and communication skills. The eligibility criteria for TCS NQT are straightforward, and candidates who meet the criteria can expect a challenging and rewarding experience. Clearing TCS NQT is an excellent opportunity for young engineers to start their careers at a leading global IT services organization.
The eligibility criteria for TCS NQT are as follows:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have completed a full-time B.E./B.Tech/MCA/M.Sc. degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks. The highest degree should have been completed in 2020 or 2021.
- Backlogs: Candidates must not have more than 1 active backlog at the time of applying for TCS NQT.
- Bond: Candidates must be willing to sign a bond with TCS for a minimum period of 3 years.
TCS NQT Recruiting Process
This process has 3 rounds:
Round 1: Online Written Exam
This is the first step or phase of the entire TCS NQT Hiring Procedure because the company’s main goal in this round is to assess the student’s aptitude as well as coding knowledge.
TCS NQT Written Round was updated this year(2023), and there will be two rounds.
Part A (Foundation Section for Ninja Profile)
It consists of questions on reasoning ability, numerical ability, and verbal ability
Part B (Advanced Section for Digital profile)
It requires advanced reasoning ability and advanced coding
Round 2: Technical Interviews
This is the most difficult stage of the hiring process, so prepare as thoroughly as possible. The focus of the interview will be on your technical knowledge, biography, and main project.
There’s a good chance you’ll be assigned to write some code.
Visit the PrepBytes youtube channel to learn more about Interview Experience. You must include all of the elements listed in your resume because omitting any of them will harm your resume.
Round 3: HR Interview
This is the simplest round, here interviewer checks your communication skill, your confidence, and leadership quality .in this round interviewer describes the job profile, and job salary.
TCS NQT Syllabus
The syllabus for TCS National Qualifier Test (NQT) may vary slightly depending on the specific requirements of TCS and the role being recruited for. However, the following are some of the common topics that are covered in TCS NQT:
- Aptitude: This may include tests on quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, logical reasoning, and data interpretation.
- Technical: This may include tests on programming concepts, computer networks, databases, operating systems, software engineering, and other related topics.
- Coding: This may include questions on algorithms, data structures, and problem-solving using programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- English: This may include tests on grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, and written communication skills.
TCS NQT Exam Pattern
TCS conducts online written exams:
The syllabus of this round divided into two section
1) Foundation Section
This section consists of 65 questions and the time limit for this section is 75 min
these 65 questions are from Verbal Ability, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Ability
|Sections||No of Questions||Topics/syllabus|
|Verbal Ability||25||Sentence Building, Arrangement, Idiom, Phrases, Sentence Completion, Words Completion, Reading Comprehension, Para jumbles, Error Detection|
|Reasoning Ability||20||Blood Relations, Data Arrangements, Distance and Directions, Statement and Conclusion, Seating Arrangement, Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation, Syllogism topics|
|Quantitative Ability||20||Equations, Averages, Area, Shapes & Perimeter, Numbers & Decimal, Profit and Loss, Ages, Clocks & Calendar, Fractions, Number System, LCM & HCF, Percentages, Allegations and Mixtures, Probability, Ratios, Proportion, Averages, Reasoning, Work and Time, Geometry, Divisibility, Series and Progressions, Speed Distance and Time|
2) Advance Section
This section consists of 22 questions and the time limit for this section is 90 min
In which 10 questions from Advanced Quantitative Ability,10 questions of Advanced Reasoning Ability and 2 coding question.
|Section||No of Questions||Topics/syllabus|
|Advanced Quantitative Ability||10||Topic already mention(above) in foundation section|
|Advanced Reasoning Ability||10||Topic already mention(above) i|
|Coding Section||2||Array, String, Matrix, Functions|
Technical Interview -In this round, they asked questions about OOPs, DBMS, OS, and basic coding Questions, Also they can ask questions on your preferred programming language (c,c++, java, python), etc.
HR round. In this round interviewer ask a behavioral question, they simply check the communication skills, and confidence of the candidate, and they simply discuss salary work culture and family background.
TCS NQT Preparation Strategy
Candidates who are appearing for the TCS NQT exam 2023 should have started their preparation way before in order to score a good percentile in the exam. Here are some of the TCS NQT Preparation Strategies for aspirants that will help them in passing the exam with flying colors.
- Study the exam pattern and detailed syllabus of each topic to be asked in the test.
- Devise a study plan that best suits you accordingly.
- Practice different questions from each subject as much as possible to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Enroll yourself in the Testbook’s Online Reasoning Coaching to get an idea of how you should approach the Reasoning section.
- The most important step of preparation for TCS NQT is to solve section-wise as well as full-length mock tests to learn apt time management skills.
- Practice previous year TCS NQT questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) : TCS NQT Exam
Question 1) What is the TCS NQT syllabus?
Answer: The TCS NQT syllabus typically covers the following topics:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Programming Fundamentals
- Verbal Ability and Reasoning
- Database Management System
- Object-Oriented Concepts
- Computer Networks
- Operating System
- Data Structures
Question 2) Is the TCS NQT syllabus different for each stream of engineering?
Answer: No, the syllabus for TCS NQT is the same for all streams of engineering.
Question 3) How important is the TCS NQT syllabus in the selection process?
Answer: The TCS NQT syllabus is an important aspect of the selection process, as it forms the basis of the questions asked in the TCS NQT examination. However, it is not the only factor considered during the recruitment process. Other factors such as your communication skills, resume, and interview performance are also important.