Last Updated on May 26, 2023 by Prepbytes
Accenture offers expertise in several important areas of business, including supply chain management, technology, and business strategy.When Accenture first opened its doors in 1989, its name was Anderson Consulting. Following a severance of links with its parent business Arthur Anderson, Accenture changed its name in 2001.
Accenture Recruitment Process
According to the experiences of the candidates who have already been interviewed by Accenture, the interview process might be a little difficult. Accenture’s interview questions frequently terrify applicants, thus a solid preparation plan and constant practise are essential if you want to succeed in this procedure.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Accenture
- Candidates who hold a relevant graduate degree with an aggregate of 65% are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should be passed in all subjects and not have an active backlog.
- The gap between the education should not exceed more than one year.
Usually the interview process of accenture involves the following three rounds:
- Online Assessment Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
For experienced candidates also, the Accenture interview process will normally remain the same. But in some important cases, candidates have to face two or more rounds of Technical Interview followed by an HR Interview.
Accenture Interview Process
Online Assessment Test: The first round is quite difficult among all other rounds as it is an elimination round. This round is designed to examine the cognitive functions and the ability of the appearing candidates.
This round has questions based on Quantitative Aptitude, Logical reasoning and verbal Ability and candidates need to answer the questions in the allocated time frame.
Technical Interview: If you cleared the first round, you will be called for the technical round. So, This round mainly focuses on evaluating your coding and problem solving skills. The candidates should have basic knowledge of data structures and algorithms and other computer science subjects like Operating system, DBMS, CN etc.
And if you are an experienced candidate and applying for a critical role, you might have to face two or more Technical Interviews.
HR Interview: The HR interview is the final round to select a candidate. In this round, the questions can be asked of a varied range starting from the introduction of the candidate, qualification, hobbies, experience, strength and weakness, salary expectations etc. also company related questions were asked.
The main objective of this round is to judge the personality, background, and ability to handle the role and whether you are right for the job or not.
Practice interview coding questions from topics like Arrays, Recursion, Sorting, Searching, Linked List, and more at PrepBytes.
Accenture Interview Process – Aptitude
1. The average weight of P, Q and R is 45 kg. If the average weight of P and Q is 40 kg and that of Q and R is 43 kg, what is the weight of Q?
Let P, Q, R represent their respective weights. Then, we have:
P + Q + R = (45 x 3) = 135…. (i)
P + Q = (40 x 2) = 80…. (ii)
Q + R = (43 x 2) = 86…. (iii)
Adding (ii) and (iii), we get: P + 2Q + R = 166…. (iv)
Subtracting (i) from (iv), we get: Q = 31.
2. A museum has an average of 510 visitors on Sunday and 240 on other days. Find the average number of visitors per day in a month of 30 days beginning with a Sunday.
Since the month begins with a Sunday, there will be 5 Sundays and 25 other days in this month.
So, the average no. of visitor per day
3. If Suresh borrows Rs. 36000 from Mahesh at rate of interest 6% S.I, at the end of four years how much interest Suresh has to pay along with principal amount?
- Rs. 12560
- Rs. 12960
- Rs. 13500
- Rs. 14500
The Correct answer is (B)
Answer with explanation:
Principal amount = Rs. 36000
Rate of interest = 6
Number of years or time = 6 years
Apply formula: S.I = prt
Simple interest = 3600066 = 12960
4. A train moving at a speed of 80 km/hr crosses a pole in 7 seconds. Find the length of the train.
- 150 m
- 165 m
- 175 m
- 170 m
The correct option is (C).
Answer with explanation:
Length of the train is equal to the distance covered by the train to cross the pole. So, we will find the distance traveled by the train in 7 seconds by applying the following formula:
Distance= Speed x Time
Speed is given in Km/hr so we will convert it into m/s as answers are given in meters.
Speed=90 5 = 25 m/s
Time = 7 seconds
Distance = 25 7= 175 meters
5. A 60 liter mixture of milk and water contains 10% water. How much water must be added to make water 20% in the mixture?
- 8 liters
- 7.5 liters
- 7 liters
- 6.5 liters
The Correct answer is (B)
Answer with explanation:
The mixture has 10% water, so the milk would be 90% of 60 liters.
Milk = 90 60 = 54 liters
∴Water = 60 ? 54 = 6 liters
Let water to be added = x liters
Now, 6+x 100 = 20
6+x/60+x = 1/5
30 + 5x = 60+x
30 – 60 = x ? 5x
30 = – 4x
x =30 =7.5 liters
Accenture HR Interview Questions
1. Tell me about yourself.
This is the universal question asked at the very first of any interview. It sounds easy, right? But this is the most important question where the candidates fail to create an impression with the interviewer as most of the time they are not aware of what exactly needs to be said.
Some tips to answer this question:
- Do not ask the interviewer what he wants to know about you. You may be asking genuinely, but that just sounds rude.
- Do not speak about what is already there in the resume. The interviewer wants to know what they have not seen on the resume. And do not speak about anything personal.
- Introduce yourself by including certain adjectives like problem-solving, innovation and tech-savvy, creative, quick learner, etc. that best describe you in your professional life to boost your chances.
2. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
HR asks this question to get to know more about your characteristics and your suitability for the job. It is also one of the standards and most commonly asked questions.
Some tips to answer this question:
- Be honest.
- Start by stating the strongest skills and qualities that can be of a great match to the job role.
- Do not mention more than 2 weaknesses and always mention how you are working on improving them.
- Do not tell cheesy, cliché answers like “I am a perfectionist which is both my strength and my weakness”.
3. What do you know about this organization?
You should be fully aware of that organization where you are going for an interview, so check the history, present structure and working style of that organization. Check the company’s website, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn pages to gather the information.
4. What are your achievements in life?
This question may also be asked: what are your biggest achievements? Or what are you most proud of?
You should discuss only work-related achievements. Try to pick a recent achievement.
5. Explain, how would you be an asset to this organization?
While answering this question, don’t merely say that you are hard working, dedicated, punctual, etc. because these are not assets, these are the responsibilities that management wants. Of course these are positive words and have a lot of meaning for you as well as for the company. Actually, these qualities make you an asset for the company after getting experience.
Accenture Interview Preparation Tips
Whether you are a fresh graduate or an experienced professional, the following tips will help you prepare well for your upcoming Accenture interview:
- Practice consistently: Regularly practice coding questions and brush up on fundamental data structure and algorithm concepts to be confident on the interview day.
- Boost Math skills: Helps you develop an improved ability to think analytically and become a better coder.
- Learn to negotiate: Acknowledge and stay confident in your professional abilities. Share your accomplishments, and whenever you have the opportunity negotiate your concerns.
- Improve your problem-solving skills: Consistently solve questions to transform your understanding and approach to any given problem.
- Take up mock interviews: Practice with peers or hiring managers to gain experience. Prepare answers to the most anticipated Accenture interview questions.
The Accenture interview process is a comprehensive and rigorous evaluation that aims to identify the most qualified candidates for their organization. Throughout the various stages of the interview process, Accenture assesses candidates for their technical skills, problem-solving abilities, cultural fit, and potential to contribute to the company’s success. The interviews are typically conducted by experienced professionals who thoroughly evaluate each candidate’s qualifications and suitability for the role.
Upon completion of the Accenture interview process, candidates can expect to receive a final decision regarding their application. The conclusion of the interview process may result in one of the following outcomes:
Offer of Employment: If the candidate successfully meets all the criteria and demonstrates the required skills and competencies, Accenture may extend an offer of employment. This offer will outline the terms and conditions of the position, such as salary, benefits, and start date.
Further Assessment: In some cases, Accenture may require additional assessments or interviews before making a final decision. This could involve additional technical evaluations, cultural fit assessments, or discussions with senior leadership.
Placement in Talent Pool: If a candidate demonstrates potential but is not an immediate fit for a specific role, Accenture may consider placing them in a talent pool. This means that the candidate may be considered for future opportunities that align with their skills and experience.
Not Selected: Unfortunately, not all candidates will receive an offer of employment from Accenture. In such cases, candidates are typically notified that they have not been selected for the position. It’s important to remember that this outcome does not necessarily reflect the candidate’s abilities or qualifications but may be due to other factors such as competition or specific role requirements.
Overall, the conclusion of the Accenture interview process brings clarity to the candidate’s application status and provides valuable feedback on their performance. Regardless of the outcome, candidates can leverage their experience and feedback from the process to enhance their skills and improve their chances in future opportunities.
Accenture Interview Process FAQs
1. What is the salary of Accenture Freshers?
The Average salary of a fresher at Accenture is 3.7 Lakhs per year which is 6% higher than the average salary of a fresher in India which receives a salary of 3.5 lakhs per annum.
2. How to Search and Apply?
The details of all the open roles on the website. Mainly focus on the jobs that excite you and match your skills, experience and aspirations as opposed to submitting lots of applications. Quality, not Quantity, is the way to go.
3. What is the kind of work environment in Accenture?
The Prime reason why Accenture is a great place to work or build a career is because of its robust work environment. From varied areas of expertise to backgrounds, you will work and learn more from some of the smartest and most generous people anywhere.
4. How long is the interview process at Accenture?
On average, the Accenture interview process will usually go around one month from beginning to end, although it might take longer during busy recruitment periods. Once the online application and interviews of a particular candidate are completed, Accenture normally aims to respond to their decision within 10–15 working days. So if you have cleared an assessment test, you should be receiving positive feedback within 2 weeks from its conclusion.