Last Updated on November 18, 2022 by Sumit Kumar
HCL Technologies Limited (Hindustan Computers Limited) is an Indian multinational information technology services business based in Noida. It is a prominent worldwide IT services firm that assists multinational organizations in re-imagining and transforming their businesses via the use of digital technologies. The company’s main business is software development, business process outsourcing, and infrastructure management.
HCL interviews can take place on campus, through employee referrals, or through other means like job portals (Naukri, LinkedIn), and so forth. Regardless of the source, the entire procedure takes around 2 weeks to complete. When you apply for a software developer role, someone from their HR department usually contacts you and arranges for the first interview round.
To make things easier for you, we have compiled the basic information that will help you get through the HCL recruitment process. Let’s get started, shall we?
And to make things even easier, why do you not enroll yourself in our Crest Placement Program to prepare for the HCL Interview in the best manner.
HCL Recruitment Process
HCL conducts 4-5 rounds to finally select the relevant software development candidates and hire them.
Aptitude Test Round
This round focuses on the candidate’s mathematics, logical, and verbal abilities. Apart from that, in HCL fresher recruitment rounds, a section on technical ability is also included. This round is further divided into 4 more rounds and goes on for about 60 minutes:
- Quantitative Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability
- Technical Aptitude
Group Discussion Round
Students who have passed the previous rounds of HCL Recruitment for freshers will be invited to participate in the group discussion round. The purpose of this round is to see how you express your ideas. HCL will present a topic of any social, national, or global relevance, as well as a current event. Make sure you understand the rules of a normal Group Discussion before participating in one.
Some basic rules of GD:
- Always raise your hand before speaking.
- Avoid false starts, do not present wrong data or facts, or deviate from the topic.
- Be fluent and clear when you speak.
- Be a leader and voice your opinion strikingly.
- Don’t interrupt your opponents.
- Give a chance to everyone and wait for your turn.
Bonus tip: Take as many mock tests as you can before appearing for the interview. Be it for technical topics or for aptitude.
Students who pass the GD round will be invited to the Technical Round. There is no universal rule about what particular questions will be asked in this round; you can expect questions from the trending topics. To pass this round, you must have a firm grasp of the fundamentals.
Data structures and algorithms, DBMS, Operating System, Networking, OOPs principles, and a programming language of your choosing should all be covered. In the interview, CS students will be required to write code. They also ask questions to you from your résumé.
Some other questions may look like this:
- What do you mean by Class Cast Exception?
- Differentiate between a Primary key and a Unique key.
- Why is java considered dynamic?
- What do you mean by joins in SQL?
- Differentiate between Method Overloading and Method Overriding.
- What is the purpose of the finalize () method in Java?
Practice interview coding questions from topics like Arrays, Recursion, Sorting, Searching, Linked List, and more.
This round will mainly focus on the standard HR questions. Some of the questions that you may want to go prepared with are:
- Give us your brief introduction
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Who all are in your family?
- Are you comfortable with any location that HCL sends you to?
- General questions from the resume.
HCL Eligibility Criteria
- For HCL Recruitment Process, only full-time courses will be considered (any part-time/correspondence courses will be rejected by HCL Recruitment moderators).
- The candidate applying for HCL Placement Process B.E/B.Tech fresher preferably from circuit branches – ECE, CSE, EEE, IT, Software.
- HCL recruitment process requires the students to have at least 60% in their Graduation.
- The graduation degree should be full-time and recognized by the Central Government of India.
- A candidate should not have any pending backlogs.
HCL questions are a little different from those at some other firms like Infosys and TCS, and you’ll need to be comprehensive in what you say on your CV. Even if you’ve never worked with them, you might wish to learn up on current technologies to learn the fundamentals. If you’ve worked on the AWS cloud, for example, the interviewer may still ask about Azure.
Boost up your aptitude, programming & technical skills with us. Enroll yourself in our Crest Placement Program! at Prepbytes. With proper preparation and a positive attitude, you will undoubtedly crack the interview.