From online payments to PayTM, what is it that PayTM can’t do? You will find a PayTM QR code hanging at almost all the shops in India, no matter how small or big they are! While PayTM is super popular amongst consumers, it is also loved by job aspirants who would go to any heights to land a job here!
Hey, while you’re at it, why don’t you enroll yourself in our Placement Programs! Be at the top of your game the next time you’re called for an interview!
Paytm, also known as One 97, is an Indian e-commerce firm based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Founded in 2010, the company began with online mobile recharge and bill payments but has now evolved into a platform for users to shop online specializing in digital payment systems, e-commerce, and finance.
The application allows you to transfer cash into the integrated wallet via online banking, debit cards, and credit cards, or even by depositing cash via select banks and partners. PayTM came in handy during demonetization and during the covid outbreak when people wanted to go cashless in order to save themselves from getting the virus. Aren’t we all hooked to the app no matter where we go?
Do you wish to kickstart your career in PayTM? We have compiled how the process of PayTM looks for an aspiring software developer and what needs to be done to crack the interview.
PayTM Recruitment Process
PayTM conducts a recruitment process every year to select new software development candidates. The selection process of the company consists of 4 rounds. These rounds are as follows:
This round is an online round conducted on the CoCubes platform (if it's an on-campus drive). It will take place for 70 minutes and 3 coding questions will be given to solve. The questions will mostly be related to Data Structures & Algorithms.
Some of the sample questions that may be asked are:
- Given a binary tree, find the sum of all the nodes at alternate levels.
- Remove last k nodes of the linked list and insert them after the nth node from the beginning, provided n+k <= Number of Nodes in the linked list.
- Length of the Longest Consecutive 1s in Binary Representation.
- Find the missing number in Array
Practice coding interview questions with us & be better prepared for what’s coming!
Technical Round 1
In this, the interviewer may start by asking for your brief introduction followed by some questions on the projects you have worked on. You may also be asked questions from computer networks, operating systems, DBMS, OOPs and may also need to solve a coding question and explain the approach you followed. This round will go on for about 20-30 minutes.
Some questions that may be asked are:
- Tell us briefly about all the sorting algorithms that you know of.
- Which is the best: merge sort or heap sort?
- Write a program to implement two stacks in an array.
- A number is given, find the next greatest palindrome.
- On a given database, design a SQL query.
Technical Round 2
Those who qualify for the first technical round will move to the second round. Here, you will be asked more in-depth technical questions. You may even be asked detailed questions from your project so make sure you are fully prepared to answer those. Some of them may look like these:
- Find median of row-wise matrix
- Implement parenthesis check using stack
- Implement DFS in the graph, find the height of the tree, etc.
- Write a code to create a mirror image of a tree.
- Questions based on binary and ternary search trees.
If you think about it, most of the questions are from DSA. So, that’s one topic you definitely need to master if you wish to ace the interview at PayTM.
Our Suggestion: Take as many mock tests as you can before appearing for the interview. Be it for technical topics or for aptitude.
This will again have basic HR questions that you may want to prepare for. Try practicing speaking fluently and letting go of the nervousness.
Practice questions like:
- Introduce yourself
- What is the full form of Paytm?
- What do you know about Paytm?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your hobbies?
- Why do you want to join Paytm?
- What value do you bring to Paytm?
Candidates can apply for the Paytm Off Campus Drive by visiting the official site.
- Students of B.E/ B.Tech, B.Com/ B.Sc, and any graduation and Postgraduation who have mathematics as their academic subjects.
- A total of 60 percent throughout (Class X, XII, and Graduation).
- Education gap of not more than one year.
To Sum Up…
The structured environment at PayTM allows for growth and learning. The firm provides a flexible working environment. Workplace culture is unique yet simple to adapt. While working with Paytm, you may hone your team-building and leadership abilities. So, what are you waiting for? Start preparing for the PayTM interview and be the best Software Developer there is.